Odyssey rolls out new putter models for 2022
Odyssey’s new putter line-up for the 2022 season, which goes on sale from February 18, includes some exciting new models and updates to existing models that look set to raise the performance bar for golfers at all levels of the game.
Here is an overview of the line-up and what performance benefits they offer…
WHITE HOT OG
White Hot putters are some of the most iconic putters played on tour and following the launch of the 2021 White Hot OG line-up, Odyssey has introduced several new models in the range for 2022. The collection introduced last year grows with the Double Wide blade and three new versions of the twin-fanged No.7 (including the No.7 Bird with a back bridge that joins the parallel wings). The White Hot OG line also adds three women’s specific lengths and weights to its popular No.1, No.7 and 2-Ball shapes.
They are all fitted with a new pistol grip, White Hot Inserts and a stepped steel or Stroke Lab Shaft, the latter of which is stiffer and more stable for even more stroke consistency.
Features & Benefits
- White Hot Insert – The original White Hot formulation, feel, sound and performance are all back in one exceptional two-part urethane insert.
- Milled Surface Finish – Engineers have combined a rich silver PVD finish with fine milling on key surfaces. These ultra-premium offerings will appeal to golfers who appreciate the look of a milled putter.
- High Performance Shafts and New Grips – Available in a premium stepped steel shaft or multi-material Stroke Lab shaft in a stunning red colourway. Both shaft options are precisely fitted with standard pistol grip for a classic look and feel.
The new Odyssey Eleven mallet putter features the White Hot insert along with the Stroke Lab shaft to improve the consistency in your stroke. This unique head shape delivers the outstanding MOI properties that you would expect from a mallet. With additional design elements they combine to deliver a more forward centre of gravity positioning that delivers the tight dispersion of a blade, for putts that stay on-line.
Features & Benefits
- New Eleven Shape – The Eleven shape advances the forgiveness and alignment properties of the Ten model. It’s designed to help properly frame the ball with the right alignment at address, along with high MOI for better accuracy.
- Red Stroke Lab Shaft – The newest generation of the multi-material Stroke Lab shaft features even better performance. With a shortened the steel section, the weight has been reduced by 7g and the shaft stiffened to help stability for an even more consistency in your stroke.
- Forward CG & High Inertia – Using a multi-material design, the CG has been moved forward nearly a 1⁄4-inch over other leading mallets while increasing inertia substantially. This creates improved performance, speed control, spin control, speed consistency on off-centre hits, and a much tighter downrange dispersion for putts that stay on-line.
- Super lightweight TPU Sole Insert – This insert helps improve the sound and feel, while adding very little weight to the centre of the putter head.
- White Hot Insert – The most popular putter insert of all time is back with the original formulation, feel, sound, and performance.
Toulon Design putters have been developed with an obsessive attention to detail, exacting precision, and tour-proven performance, meticulously crafted to be the best milled putters in the world. With new head shapes for 2022, featuring new deep diamond groove face milling and a new Tour Satin Black finish. Additionally, the Toulon putters feature a new split weight forward weighting configuration and the latest generation Stroke Lab shaft.
Putter designer Sean Toulon said: “With milled putters the focus has always been on shaping or materials, but where we always thought we could make a difference was to bring a level of technical performance to this category so we could get these products to really perform at the very highest level not just of milled putters, but of putters in general. But this is the highest level of performance we’ve ever had.”
Features & Benefits
- Deep Diamond Groove Mill pattern – Deep, full-face grooves are designed to control sound and feel by channelling vibration. The face also features a medium depth double fly cut to enhance forward roll and feel.
- Midnight Black Finish – Toulon Design is widely recognised for its premium look and construction. The beautiful black finish is played on tours worldwide and showcases the meticulous craftsmanship of these finely milled putters.
- Stroke Lab Weighting – Innovative multi-material shaft saves 40 grams of weight, which is redistributed to the head and grip end of the putter. Stroke Lab completely rebalances the putter for improved tempo and consistency in the stroke.
- Adjustable Weighting System – Toulon Design putters come with a new two split-weight design that moves the weights forward and toward the toe and heel. The positioning improves the inertia of the head, while also improving the consistency of impact ratio and forward roll. The weights are available in a variety of offerings – from 5g to 20g in 5g increments.
Odyssey has developed the Tri-Hot 5K with the goal of changing how a putter is constructed so that they can reinvent how a putter can perform. Moving the centre of gravity positioning forward and leveraging new materials in ways that have never been realised in a putter they hope to deliver a new blade putter that outperforms a mallet with a classic shape that golfers will love.
Features & Benefits
- High Performance and Tight Dispersion from Stainless Steel Front – Tri-Hot 5K is built to improve performance by reducing the amount of side spin on off-centre hits through a stainless steel front section that includes the hosel and face area. This material has been finish milled to exact shape and weight, helping to keep the CG forward. This keeps putts closer to the original line, with tighter dispersion, and a greater chance to go in on less-than-perfect strikes.
- Unprecedented Forgiveness and improved roll from Tungsten Front Weights – Updates to tungsten weight positioning, behind the face in the toe and heel sections of the club head, allows for the CG to be moved forward which ultimately helps to improve roll, while also increasing inertia.
- Interchangeable Front Weights – Available in aluminium, steel and tungsten, these removable weights allow golfers to dial in the head weight to exact individual preference.
- White Hot insert – The most popular insert of all time is back with the original formulation, feel, sound and performance.
- Red Stroke Lab Shaft – The newest generation of the multi-material Stroke Lab shaft features even better performance. With a shortened the steel section, the weight has been reduced by seven grams and the shaft stiffened to help stability for an even more consistency in your stroke.
All the new models will be at retail from February 18. For more information, visit https://eu.callawaygolf.com/en/gb/golf-clubs/putters/
Golf Day Guide: Read Online
Subscribe FREE to the UK's most read Golf Newspaper
- latest golf news
- best travel deals
- latest competitions