Golf Swing Theory: How To Find Your Unique Technique And Enhance It
4 June 2019
It is hard to argue with the fact that a successful stroke is mostly determined by your swing. The accuracy, aiming, and power you put into it are the main elements that influence your score.
How to stop coming over the top in golf swing and do things right. In this article, we are going to shed some light over this matter to help you develop a perfect technique.
All Players Have Unique Technique
Now, here is one important thing that you should understand – every golfer has a different swing. Either bad or good, it is unique, and it is great if you can preserve this uniqueness!
The point of this is the following – there is no universal definition of a “perfect swing.” Everyone does it his way, and there is no need to try to imitate someone. However, there are a few general characteristics that define whether your technique is good enough or no. In a matter of fact, there is only one part of a swing that really matters – it is that tiny moment when a club impacts a ball. It doesn’t matter from what position you get there or how you finish each shot. If you manage to make the right impact, all of those details lose their significance.
Thus, regarding of the features of your technique, there are four ultimate goals:
- To ensure that the club head is moving in the right direction
- To point the clubface in the right direction
- To hit the ball with a center of the clubface
- To ensure that your club is moving fast
General Tips For Enhancing Your Technique
Although we said that there is no universal formula for success, there are a few tricks that can bring players the most benefits.
Here are some of the easiest and sure ways to build up an excellent swing:
- Put power through your body, not arms – this is a mistake that most beginners make, they put too much arm pressure instead of adding power through their body movement.
- Put a ball the right way – although some players overlook this, a correct ball position has a significant impact on the accuracy and overall quality of your swing. Experts insist that the best way to enhance a swing is to place a club about ten steps behind the ball.
- Get in shape – playing golf well requires having the right balance, strength, and flexibility. Thus, being physically fit is vital for playing to the best of your ability.
- Find a comfortable head position – although most experts advise to keep your head down while swinging, it won’t make any good if you are not feeling comfortable that way. Thus, try to find a position that feels balanced and comfy.
- Choose the right clubs – golf is a game that relies on the right equipment choices a lot. A club that doesn’t suit your technique can harm your performance. Thus, it is important to find the perfect fit! If you are a beginner, we would recommend getting started with heavier clubs as they provide better control and aiming.
- Be consistent – every professional golfer knows that consistency plays a vital role in this game. Thus, if you want to improve your game, you have to identify your strengths and weaknesses and know how to use them to your benefit!
- Correct timing is the key – for a perfect impact, a player needs to define an ideal timing for a swing.
- Pay attention to your finish position – while playing, you need to make sure that you don’t put too much pressure on your back. Check out your finish position to define whether you are doing everything right!
- Ask for help – a good way to boost your skills is to ask for the help of a professional couch.
- Practice – success doesn’t come easy. Thus, you will have to practice a lot in order to reach the top!